Creativity Techniques - an A to Z
- Problem Definition - including problem analysis, redifinition, and all aspects associated with defining the problem clearly.
- Idea Generation - The divergent process of coming up with ideas.
- Idea Selection - The convergent process of reducing all the many ideas into realistic solutions
- Idea Implementation - Turning the refined ideas in reality.
- Processes - Schemes and techniques which look at the overall process from start to finish (or at least 3 of the above 4 areas)..
This is a general category of Creativity and Innovation Techniques, simply listed in alphabetical order. Like most tools these creativity techniques all have their good and bad points. I like to think of these creativity techniques as tools in a toolbox in much the same way as my toolbox at home for DIY. It has a saw, spanner, hammer, knife and all sorts of other things in it, they are all very useful, but you have to pick the right tool (creativity technique) for each job. We will try and provide a little guidance along with each tool to let you know whether it's best used for cutting paper or putting in nails.
For the future, the aim is to also have sub-categories which will identify Techniques for;
Special thanks to the Open University for their kind permission to use material from their publication B822.
There are five subcategories to this category.
Articles in category "Creativity Techniques"
There are 182 articles in this category.